axr1t6c

Hi I just filled my W-2 for 2019. The thing is I worked for 2 different companies in 2019 and not at the same time will this effect me trying to file another form from a different company?

NCperson

no; you will just have two W-2s

You cannot change or add anything on the return that you just e-filed, nor can you stop it.  It is too late, just like when you put an envelope in a US mailbox on the corner.

If you left out a W-2, or a dependent, or a 1099 etc…DO NOT change your return while it is pending.  The changes will go nowhere.

Now you have to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return.  If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account and make the necessary changes to your tax return and re-submit your return.

If the IRS accepts your return, however, then you have to wait longer until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund.  THEN you can prepare an amended tax return and mail it in. You have to be able to work from that return exactly the way it was when it was e-filed originally.  You will need to use a form called a 1040X. You cannot e-file an amended return.  They have to be mailed, and it takes at least 2-4 months for the IRS to process an amended return.

NCperson

oh; i thought the question was he filled in the 1st W-2 and now he didn't know what to do with the 2nd W-2.

Yup, if 'filed', it's amendment time.