Solved: Hi, I don't have ITIN for my dependent kid. So, I cannot e-file. To get ITIN, I need W7, in turn requires tax return.

Hi, I don't have ITIN for my dependent kid. So, I cannot e-file. To get ITIN, I need W7, in turn requires tax return.

Can I send filed W7 to turbotax to mail IRS together with tax return forms?

TurboTax is not able to file this return for you.  File your return by mail, you should leave the space blank where the ITINs should be.  If a numbers prints because you entered one, you should white the space out. 

What is Form W-7: Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number?

Prepare a Form W7, for each person who needs an ITIN, then include it with the required documentation with your return.  File the return to this address.

Internal Revenue Service

ITIN Operation 

P.O. Box 149342 

Austin, TX 78714-9342 

For more information you can use this link:   IRS - W7 Instructions

If you are confident with the information you complete, then legal representation should not be necessary.

FYI, this applies to the current tax year, 2016. Follow these steps to prepare your return for mailing.
1. Complete IRS Form W-7.
2. Complete your federal and state tax returns using the number 999-88-9999 in place of a Social Security Number.
3. Print the tax returns and cross off the 999-88-9999 from the SSN field. Do not attempt to e-file your return.
4. Write "Applying for ITIN; Application attached" next to the SSN field.
5. Mail the signed federal return, the completed Form W-7, and all documentation required by the Form W-7 (Alternatively, you may choose to take all this information in-person to a local IRS office for processing.)
6. If you need to file a state tax return: Mail the signed state return and a copy of Form W-7 to your state's regular filing address. State Information

Is this procedure applicable for 2018 Tax filling. I have to show my daughter on L2 visa and have to apply for her ITIN?

Internal Revenue Service

ITIN Operation 

P.O. Box 149342 

Austin, TX 78714-9342 

1. Complete IRS Form W-7.

My question is,

can I still able to use turbo tax to produce the tax return form?.

and print it and  file it by mail ?