An Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) is a 6-digit number that the IRS gives taxpayers who were victims of tax-related identity theft. The IP PIN validates a Social Security number's true owner and prevents future tax fraud. Most taxpayers don't need one.
If the IRS issued you an IP PIN and you do not have CP01A letter they sent, you should be able to retrieve your IP PIN online at the IRS website by clicking here: https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/retrieve-your-ip-pin.
Once you have your IP PIN please follow these instructions to enter it in TurboTax:
· Login to your TurboTax Account
· Click "Take Me To My Return"
· Click "Search" in the upper right corner, then type "IP PIN" in the Search Box
· When the results populate, click the "Jump to Link"
· On the Identity Protection PIN screen type "Yes" and enter your IP PIN in the space provided
· If you need to remove the IP PIN, answer “No” instead.
· Select Continue.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"