bjc1304

Help with federal file

But I don’t know what they are

Help with federal file

We cannot see your screen, your tax return or your account.  What do you need help with?  What is the "they" you are confused about?

Dmcdowell

Help with federal file

They are asking for my document number on my New York State license. My NY license does not have a document number and I can not complete my form. What should I do and how can I fix it?

DMarkM1

Help with federal file

According to the NY tax website the Document Number is:  "For NYS issued licenses and IDs only. This is an 8 -10 digit combination of letters and numbers and is usually on the bottom right hand corner of the front of the license. If the license was issued after January 28, 2014, it will be on the back of your license under the barcode. If the license was issued to someone under the age of 21, the number will be in the middle of the front of the license next to the signature."