Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Help! Turbo tax 2021 cd version not resuming today where I left off yesterday - data seems to be lost @

I am using the TurboTax Deluxe CD version for tax year 2021.   

A week ago I spent several hours completing the Federal tax form and then TurboTax asked me if I wanted a request for extension of filing federal tax, and I said yes and I saved the PDF of the request for extension in the 2021 Returns folder. 

Today when I tried to resume the return, it wanted me to start all over again, and I was unable to resume where I left off.   The only file in the 2021 Returns folder is the request for extension to file federal tax.

Is there any hidden file containing the data ?

I will greatly appreciate help with this in recovering my data.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Help! Turbo tax 2021 cd version not resuming today where I left off yesterday - data seems to be lost @

When you use the TurboTax CD\Download version, you manually have to save your tax return (.tax file).  To see if you saved it, please see Find your tax data file (.tax file) in Windows.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I wish TurboTax would state this clearly to users of the CD products... that they should keep manually saving.  The current arrangement is deeply unsatisfactory.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies