Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2r2l82

How do I file DR 1366

How to file Qualified Enterprise Zone Contribution?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

How do I file DR 1366

Hello -

To enter your enterprise Zone Credit with DR 1336 follow the steps below when you are in your Colorado State Return:

1. Select State (Colorado)

2. On screen titled "Here's the income that Colorado handles differently" - select "Done with Income"

3. On following screen titled "Take a look at Colorado credits and taxes"

4. Scroll down to Section titled "Business and investment credit"

5. Select "Start" next to "Enterprise Zone Credits"

6. Follow the prompts to enter the information for the "Enterprise Zone Credits" Form DR 1366.

How do I file DR 1366

I have successfully completed the DR 1336 form by following your instructions.  However, the review process continually highlights this form on line 88 indicating there is some type of error.  Line 87 has a value for non-refundable credits that has been correctly carried to DR 0104.  However, line 88 shows a 0 amount for refundable credits indicating that value should be filled in on DR0104CR.  A  DR 0104CR form was not generated.  How do I get past this review entry 'error.'

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

How do I file DR 1366

If you are using Turbo Tax Online go to tax tools>tools>delete a form. Select Form DR0104CR and then press delete. See if this clears up your issue. If you continue to have an issue, please reach out to customer phone support as they have the ability to view your return to pinpoint the issue(s) that you may be experiencing. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How do I file DR 1366

Same exact problem. . .On the Colorado State income tax return, I keep getting an error message from Form DR 1366, Enterprise Zone Credit and Carryforward Schedule.  The error message states that since Line 88, Refundable Credits, is a Zero, then the "Colorado Dept of Revenue requires that an income tax return that includes Form 1366 must be e-filed."  This error will not go away even if I override the Line 88 entry.  No Form 104CR was generated. . . I also have Non-refundable credits on Line 86 that WERE correctly carried forward to Line 12 on Form 104.  I believe this Error Message is a TurboTax software glitch and will chose to ignore it.  I understand that since I am filing a DR 1366, there is a statutory requirement to file my return electronically with copies of the Certificate of Qualified Enterprise Zone Contribution as proof of the tax credit.  Turbo Tax should not be flagging this as an error.

How do I file DR 1366

I finally got rid of the problem by going in to the electronic filing section and walking through the steps to electronically file.  I stopped short of doing the e-file.  Then I was able to go back and finish the Colorado return without getting the message.  Definitely a program glitch.  

Glowball

How do I file DR 1366

I did exactly what you said and it also got me around the error.  In the File section I completed Step 1 and Step 2, and right before Step 3 (Get ready to save and file your returns) I went back to my state taxes (Colorado) and went through it again.  No errors that time.  Thanks!

How do I file DR 1366

Worked for me too thanks! Clicked on the "File" tab completed everything except for clicking the transmit returns button. Saved the return then clicked on "State Taxes" and continued as before.

RG59

How do I file DR 1366

I also continued to get error message in Turbo Tax. Finally got the error message to go away, but then my tax return was rejected by the state of Colorado indicating that form 1366 was not completed properly. "Fixed" it again using the advice from other users here and e-filed again. It was rejected again. VERY frustrating!

RG59

How do I file DR 1366

I looked at my from 104-CR form and it has another credit from a Child Care Credit that I made to a different organization. There isn't anything on that from regarding the Enterprise Zone Credit so I don't want to delete that form. Any other suggestions?

Has anyone successfully e-filed your Colorado return with this Form 1366?

How do I file DR 1366

Glad I searched & saw this string!  I thought was going nuts.... Why hasnt TurboTax fixed this error yet?

How do I file DR 1366

Here we are, another year later, and STILL the same error with CO DR 1336, Line 88.   I keep getting an error message from Form DR 1366, Enterprise Zone Credit and Carryforward Schedule.  The error message states that since Line 88, Refundable Credits, is zero, then the "Colorado Dept of Revenue requires that an income tax return that includes Form 1366 must be e-filed."  This error will not go away even if I override the Line 88 entry, which is zero.  No Form 104CR was generated.

Thanks to cazimmer1 for this work around from February 3, 2020:  

"I finally got rid of the problem by going in to the electronic filing section and walking through the steps to electronically file.  I stopped short of doing the e-file.  Then I was able to go back and finish the Colorado return without getting the message.  Definitely a program glitch."

How many more years before Intuit fixes this?

How do I file DR 1366

This fixes it.  First, confirm that you have everything else entered and confirmed.  When the only thing left to do is clear the error for the DR 1366, go to the left side of your display.  Look for FILE.  You can also get there from TAX HOME.  At the bottom of the list is FINISH & FILE.  Click on File or Finish & File and it will take you directly to the area where you will pay your TurboTax fees, enter your direct deposit or payment due info, and identity verification.  Then you can e-file and you are done.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies