Hello, my father is helping me pay for my wedding, by gifting me a large (to me) amount of money. Is it taxable, considering it's less than 5,000.00?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Gifts received from an individual are not reported on a tax return, regardless of the amount received.

Gifts are not taxable to the recipient - but if they exceed certain annual thresholds, they require the person providing the gift to file a Gift Tax return...... ($15,000 per person in 2019).  So you have a ways to go.  A married couple can combine gifts, so your father and mother could each make you a gift up to $30,000 and still not taxable to you or reportable on a Gift Tax return by them....