Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello if I applied for a payment plan and my taxes just got accepted. How do I pay? Do I have to wait for the IRS to contact me for the first payment?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Hello if I applied for a payment plan and my taxes just got accepted. How do I pay? Do I have to wait for the IRS to contact me for the first payment?

The IRS will be sending you paperwork in the mail with information on to start sending your payments under the payment plan.

Don't worry about it if you don't hear for a while.  It might be in June, but they will contact you.

Carl
Level 15

Your e-filed taxes being accepted by the IRS, and your application for a payment plan are two separate things. The IRS will send you paperwork via U.S. mail about your payment plan.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies