Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello! I woke up this morning and realized that my bank just charged my for my state taxes owed, how do I know if it fully went through (aka receipt)?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Hello! I woke up this morning and realized that my bank just charged my for my state taxes owed, how do I know if it fully went through (aka receipt)?

For most states, you will not get an actual receipt.  Your bank statement is your "receipt" or proof of payment. Depending on your state, you may be able to log into your account and then see a history of payments made.  Then you could print your payment history from their site.  

Which state do you live in?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for that!! Also I have another question!! I miss the Federal Payment yesterday because my bank didn't have enough, will my bank charge me on April 15 or how do I go about that?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Do you mean that your Federal payment was not made because there was not enough money in the account?  You should contact your bank to get all of the details about the payments made and expected to be made from that account.  Your payments should happen on the date you selected when filing your return.

@sams686823 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies