turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed 2017 with turbo tax (downloaded version) but the website doesn't show that I filed with turbo tax. How do I upload it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I filed 2017 with turbo tax (downloaded version) but the website doesn't show that I filed with turbo tax. How do I upload it?

The online account will not show anything you did in desktop software since the 2 products don't "sync."

Are you using Online TurboTax for your 2018 return?   If so, are you wanting to upload the *.tax2017 data file to transfer the 2017 info into your 2018 online return?   We can tell you how to do that.  That does not store the data file in your online account; it just transfers the 2017 data into the 2018 return.

Yes that would be great!

Have you already chosen an edition and started the 2018 return?

Yes premier

Here's how to transfer a *.tax2017 data file from your computer into a 2018 online TurboTax return.

• Open your return if not already open ("take me to my return.")
  • In the left menu column click on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window, choose "Transfer last year's TurboTax return from your computer."
  • And follow the prompts.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies