Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

plasticTR

Has anyone else seen that Vanguard dividends and cap gains imported by TurboTax are completely incorrect, and do not match the tax records provided by Vanguard directly?

The dividends imported by Intuit do not match those reported by Vanguard, several funds were missing, and capital gains were altogether not reported. Has anyone else experienced the same in 2023? This is highly unusual.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Has anyone else seen that Vanguard dividends and cap gains imported by TurboTax are completely incorrect, and do not match the tax records provided by Vanguard directly?

Thanks...I'll warn my brother to watch out.

It's also possible they are not thru creating their tax import files...those have to be created separately from the paper reports you get, and can take a few days-to-weeks longer to show up.

The best suggestion I could make would be to call Vanguard, and let them know it appears to be a problem.....so their software people can check out their tax file reporting systems.  IF it happened to you, it may happen to millions of others....who may not notice until it's too late.

haven't seen any other reports yet, but things are just starting up.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
plasticTR

Thank you for the response, SteamTrain. I subsequently resolved the issue. I migrated to the new brokerage platform midway through 2022, so Vanguard reports dividends separately for the brokerage platform and the legacy mutual fund platform, with separate 1099s for the time before and after migration. Hence why I was struggling to reconcile the numbers at first.

Good to know for others that might have the same issue.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies