turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Returning Member

H4 dependants

Has there been any movement to allow H4 dependent children to work? All of my dependents have ITIN's.

1 Reply
Faith C
Expert Alumni

H4 dependants

Thank you for asking. ITIN with H-4 visa does not grant you the work permit. You will want to make sure your dependents have EAD which allows them to legally to work.  You may see the following link for more details. https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/temporary-workers/h-1b-specialty-occupations-and-...

We wish you have wonderful day! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies