turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JohnG2

Got CD and tried to install. Tried running setup.exe and it says ready to install, then does nothing more. What must I do to install? Running Windows 10 Fall Creator.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
mesquitebean
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Got CD and tried to install. Tried running setup.exe and it says ready to install, then does nothing more. What must I do to install? Running Windows 10 Fall Creator.

Try to install with these steps:

You must install using Administrator privilege.
First disconnect from the Internet so you can safely disable your antivirus and firewall software programs.
Close any other open programs.
If installing from a downloaded installation file, then double-click the file to start the install process, then skip the CD steps below.
If installing from a CD, insert the CD.  It should start installing automatically.  If it doesn't, then launch the CD this way:

Hold down the Windows+R keys to open the Run window.
    Click Browse, and then navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually Drive D).
    Double-click the setup.exe file.
    Click OK to launch the installer.

After installing, be sure to re-enable your antivirus and firewall programs before connecting back up to the Internet.
Reboot (restart) your computer.
Open TurboTax and run the updater.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mesquitebean
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Try to install with these steps:

You must install using Administrator privilege.
First disconnect from the Internet so you can safely disable your antivirus and firewall software programs.
Close any other open programs.
If installing from a downloaded installation file, then double-click the file to start the install process, then skip the CD steps below.
If installing from a CD, insert the CD.  It should start installing automatically.  If it doesn't, then launch the CD this way:

Hold down the Windows+R keys to open the Run window.
    Click Browse, and then navigate to the TurboTax CD on your CD/DVD/RW drive (usually Drive D).
    Double-click the setup.exe file.
    Click OK to launch the installer.

After installing, be sure to re-enable your antivirus and firewall programs before connecting back up to the Internet.
Reboot (restart) your computer.
Open TurboTax and run the updater.

Also, was your CD product from an Advantage membership (annual subscription), or was it an order off of the TurboTax website or elsewhere?     If you are an Advantage member, there should be a complimentary download version in your Advantage account, and you could try installing from the downloaded installation file.    If you are an Advantage member, we can tell you how to find it.
JohnG2

Thanks, got it installed.  Must have been the anti-virus.  Never had a problem with that in the past.

Great news!   You're welcome.  Good luck.

Solved by using install steps above.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies