Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ryan64

Goodbye Turbo Tax

filed another year with turbo tax. Hidden fees all over. this time had to pay the $40 processing fee, add that to the $59 deluxe fee. I won't be using turbo tax again in the future. EVER. When I first began my taxes the screen shown me two options.. deluxe and one that cost even more, so I figured perhaps the free option is at the end. It was not.

Would be very nice to have ease of access, I mean even the $40 processing fee could have been avoided with a simple statement stating that paying with visa card there wouldn't be a fee, as it only applies to the choice of having it taken from the refund.

Feel like this whole website is built to take as much money from it's customers as possible.

Regardless if 3rd party involved.

Enjoy your profit from me this year, as it is the last you'll ever see (and just to think, I still have like 50 years of life left in me, you could have got much more business if you were had moral standards of conduct).

Have a nice day!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Goodbye Turbo Tax

There are at least three screens where it tells you that there is a fee for using your return to pay.  I guess they need a bigger screen for people who cannot take time to read what they are agreeing to.

Goodbye Turbo Tax

You only pay the $40 processing fee if you want your other fees deducted from your federal refund.  This is disclosed several times.  You don't have to have your fees deducted from your refund if you can pay the fees with a credit or debit card when you file.   

ryan64

Goodbye Turbo Tax

they need to improve the way in which they convey their message. Their articulation rivals that of a 5th grader.

Goodbye Turbo Tax

Concur with your message 100%   Their filing fees and hidden "oh, by the way" fees, coupled with completely losing update control of their Business software finally made me draw the line after years with Intuit.  Next year, I will be looking at the competition for a more stable, reliable,  product with customer service in line with the product development, not a customer service team all over the map (i.e., State updates required for LLCs - only a couple customer service people knew about it... The rest made many go through this unload the versions process, reset the windows registry, etc, etc for no reason at all.  Tired of user acceptance testing of products via production customer use. That did not work 30 years ago, and certainly does not work today (although many software development houses today simply avoid the ole Development, Test, Production methods for a more expedited development, production, customer issues, fix/fix/fix/fix, production, fix again - rise and repeat until it works. Not for my $$...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies