Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am self employed and paid $88 to humana for supplimental medicare ins. where do i deduct that?

every time i try to put  my amount in .. a box come up saying  that it is not an employee ins. plan .  i just want to  deduct it  as an expense toward my ins.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am self employed and paid $88 to humana for supplimental medicare ins. where do i deduct that?

Go to Business tab,

then click continue

I'll choose what I work on

the screen will say, "Let's gather your business info"

click "Update" on the Sch C business you have

then "Edit"

scroll down to "Business Expenses" and click on sub-heading, "Other Common Expenses"

The screen will be titled, "Let's write off some business expenses" and go down to "Insurance Payments" and click update and then enter the amount paid. 

Note:  You must have a profit on the business for it to be deductible.  It will not be deducted on the Sch C but will go to the Form 1040 and be deducted on line 29.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Go to Business tab,

then click continue

I'll choose what I work on

the screen will say, "Let's gather your business info"

click "Update" on the Sch C business you have

then "Edit"

scroll down to "Business Expenses" and click on sub-heading, "Other Common Expenses"

The screen will be titled, "Let's write off some business expenses" and go down to "Insurance Payments" and click update and then enter the amount paid. 

Note:  You must have a profit on the business for it to be deductible.  It will not be deducted on the Sch C but will go to the Form 1040 and be deducted on line 29.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies