turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ActJ

TurboTax Business 2018 does not include NY IT-204-LL this year. Program directs you online, but ours was rejected and web site won't let me re-submit past the due date.

I received an email that our (on-time) filing of IT-204-LL through Intuit's web site (the form is no longer filed through the TurboTax Business application like it used to be) was rejected:

"/ReturnState/ReturnDataState/processBO/tiPartnership/MAIL_LN_1_ADR - Data in the return is missing or formatted incorrectly."

When I return to Intuit's web site to try to resubmit the form, it does not allow me to because it is now past the form's due date. NY State says I would face a penalty if I do not e-file this form, so mailing it is not an option.

Please advise us on how to resolve this.

Edit: Going on 2 months since I asked this question. TurboTax, please get it together and solve the problems your software causes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
dzgarage

TurboTax Business 2018 does not include NY IT-204-LL this year. Program directs you online, but ours was rejected and web site won't let me re-submit past the due date.

I have the same exact problem.  Did you ever find an answer?  For me it stated that I had punctuation in the "In Care Of" field which was not allowed.  The field was empty.?!?

ActJ

Glad to hear I'm not alone, but the people at TurboTax have not responded.
dzgarage

Long story short I have to paper file the IT204-LL and fight the myriad fees that will be assessed against me. Over a $25 fee payment error? Over a special character where it didn't belong?!?! To make things worse Intuit's website (tax-payment.tax.intuit.com) only issues a receipt when payment is successfully deducted from your bank account. It never was successfully deducted so I now have no time stamped proof of my pre deadline attempted payment. I hate NY State.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies