Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ghosted by TurboTax Live

I was ghosted by TurboTax Live.  I have always done my taxes but was stuck on some employer RSU payments done through my paycheck and switched to Live on March 31st. I had already completed my entire return except for this step.  My advisor was confused by how my company (a global tech company) handled the payments and taxation and finally had me file an extension, a first for me. That was on April 14th, and he hasn't responded to several messages.  I have finally figured it all out myself and want to finish. If I switch to "Do my own taxes," have I lost my progress and will have to start with a blank slate? What about the charges on my account that are now over $500 with no successful result? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Ghosted by TurboTax Live

When you leave TurboTax Live your return will go back to what it was before you started TurboTax Live.  You will not be charged for TurboTax Live and you will not get any of the advantages of having used the service.  

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Ghosted by TurboTax Live

If you have not used the Tax Expert feature, you can still remove TurboTax Live and not have to clear your data and start over. 

Please follow the instructions below:

1. With your tax return open, select File.
  2. Proceed through the screens until you reach the Just a few steps left... screen, then select Start or Revisit next to Step 1: Review Your Order.
  3. On the order summary screen, select Downgrade.

@SandyOH 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies