turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GA State returns is showing E-File - which means I will get it directly into my bank account correct? Last year I got it by mail though

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

GA State returns is showing E-File - which means I will get it directly into my bank account correct? Last year I got it by mail though

No.  E-file means you sent your return electronically but that does not mean you will get it direct deposit.  When you go to file, TurboTax will ask you if you want your refund mail to you via check or direct deposit.  If you chose direct deposit, your refund will be deposited to the bank account you gave.  If that bank account is wrong or you did not put a bank account on your return, you will receive a check.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Ok thank you. Since I got my GA state refund through mail for 2018, I hope that doesnt happen this year. I have filed both federal and state as direct deposit. I live in india now and I dont use my USA mail box anymore. Is that a problem? Should I change my USA address to a relative's mailing address?

The address on your return MUST be a valid address where you can receive mail just in case. 

Is there a way I can change the address to my uncle's USA residence?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies