Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Frustrating experience | Issues with activating TT software and receiving unhelpful customer service.

What a nightmare of an experience with TurboTax! It's astonishing how inexperienced both the customer service representatives and senior professionals are. This afternoon, I purchased TurboTax Premium from Costco, only to encounter a frustrating issue when trying to activate it. Upon entering the license code into my account, I received an error message stating that the license was associated with another account.

Seeking assistance from TurboTax customer care turned out to be a regrettable decision. The representative I spoke with seemed to talk in circles, insisting that the download was available on a different account, despite my insistence that I had never logged in with any other account. After wasting 1.5 hours with her, I began to feel as though I was either incapable of understanding simple procedures (mind you, I'm a tax professional myself) or being accused of fraud. I strongly believe that someone should review the conversation to witness how poorly customers are treated.

After receiving no resolution, I called TurboTax again, only to be met with the same frustrating ordeal. They seemed incapable of grasping the simple fact that the license code I possessed had already been used by someone else, rendering it a duplicate. The product I purchased from Costco was sealed, so clearly, something was amiss. The TurboTax representative's solution? Return the product to Costco. However, anyone familiar with Costco's policy knows they don't accept returns on opened software.

In total, I wasted five hours dealing with unhelpful representatives who seemed powerless to assist, leaving me to navigate TurboTax's convoluted links alone. During these five hours, I missed out on valuable time with my kids and had to cancel lunch plans. I hope this egregious treatment of customers does not go unnoticed.

Now, I'm stuck with software I can't activate, unable to file my tax return. It's been a total waste of time, and TurboTax's support and product have been extremely disappointing.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Frustrating experience | Issues with activating TT software and receiving unhelpful customer service.

@surabhibhan I have reported this to the moderators. I hope someone reaches out to help you.   Watch your emails.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

It’s been 3+ days and I am still awaiting a response from TurboTax. I'll definitely escalate the issue to higher authorities. As a loyal customer of turbo tax for the past decade, what's troubling isn't just the faulty product, but also the disappointing customer service and inadequate support.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies