From mailing to e-filing

Dejeon

From mailing to e-filing

Hi I got a letter from the irs Stating I need to sign some papers but it also says I can still e-file so I’m trying to figure out how can I do that because it’s not letting me do it on the app

From mailing to e-filing

• Log into your account, and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2019, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (That doesn't really add one; that's just to open the return.)
  • Once the return is open, go through the REVIEW section to be sure everything is still in order.
  • Then go to the FILE section and change the filing method to efile.
  • Then continue on answering all the remaining screens and at the final step click a big orange button "Transmit Returns Now."

From mailing to e-filing

What do you need to sign?  Do they want you to amend?  You can not efile an Amended return in Turbo Tax yet.  Or did they send your original 1040 return back to sign?  Then I guess you can switch to Efiling it.