Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CASteve

Form 8962 Tax Credit Calculation Error - TurboTax Desktop

In your example, you show the amount from line 8b going into column C of the table. TT is not doing this. You also show amounts in column A and B. These are supposed to come from the 1095-A and I am not seeing them copied to form 8962. So in TT, the calculation on line 8b seems to be correct based on the 8962 instructions however the only column in the table that has values in it is column F. I think it would work if the values in all columns were present.

OK...  so now we know what is not working in the TT system ... I will post to the moderator again. 

What is the expected timeframe for getting a new update?  

There is no issue with Part I, only Part II. Turbo Tax is only filling in line 11f and says it must all be paid back.

To be clear, as I've mentioned in the other thread on the 8962 form, if your income is over the 400% threshold the TT is not populating 8962 11a and 11b with the values entered on 1095a (33a and 33b respectfully).  Because there are no values transferred subsequent calculations assume these values are zero - which is wrong.  

I just picked up HR Block software and can confirm that they transfer values properly and the program doesn't have this issue

In a related, but separate issue, if you have multiple 1095-A forms, you are unable to add more than one. When you click the Add button after filling out one 1095-A form, you get a message about coming back when things are working. 

After the refreshing Turbo Tax on 1/19/2023, the numbers from columns A & B on Form 1095-A  are  now carried over to Form 8962.

All that fussing we did apparently paid off. 😉

Also verified that today's update fixed the issue on the Desktop version.

I have verified that this is now working as it should.  My tax forms are correct.  Thank you 

Also, the form uses the 2021 poverty limits, at least for a single household.

Its been almost 2 months, how much longer until we see they are moving on correcting this?

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

This issue has been corrected both on the TurboTax and the IRS side.  If you are still having your tax return rejected for lacking a form 8962 then that means that the IRS genuinely believes that you are supposed to have insurance through the marketplace on your tax return.

Do a couple of things first - make certain that you have updated your TurboTax program and then make sure that you have cleared your cache and cookies.

How to clear your cache and cookies.

If you have done all of that and your return is still being rejected then it is time to contact the IRS and find out what is going on and why they think that you should have a 1095-A in your return.

How to contact the IRS.

@bbacot 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for the information.  I've cleared the cache and I still get it rejected by the IRS.  I've never had health care from the Marketplace my entire life and when I do the check I receive a message that there are no errors.  So it appears I'll need to send this in through the mail.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies