turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

I do think this is crazy its taking TT so long. I have been using TT for 10yrs and this is holding me up thinking of trying another service. 

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

On follow up, I jumped ship to the competitor. I figured I could use the service for free up and until I filed. They had the 8915-F and and it was ridiculously easy to fill out. I stayed with them and have now e-filed without issue. There's no way I was going to wait till the end of March to file.

Getting close to that point myself.  Form E was the only thing holding me up last year, and now the date for form F is beyond ridiculous.  

Which competitor? Please tell. I don’t want to wait until 3/31 to file. Thank you!

hlo1121

I agree with the other comments...It shouldn't take until the end of March to have these forms available when the IRS released them weeks ago.  I am usually finished my taxes beginning of Feb and it's a huge problem that TurboTax is holding me up.  Hopefully you can get this quickly fixed so we can file!!!

This is beyond unsatisfactory, the form is not available yet. I will have to fill with another tax service company. I should get a refund for purchasing their product. It is almost a month sine the form was approved and released by the IRS. Considering the form is needed for CARES Act withdrawals (COVID Withdrawals) Turbotax should realize this form is important for many people. 

What other site has it? I tried HR but that makes us upgrade to PRO to complete the form.

Taxslayer has it already.  If TT doesn't fix it this week I'm moving and never looking back.

Does anyone know if there's any reason to not just file now including that amount as "other reportable income" and then when the 8915 is available from TT, do a revised return that includes the 8915?  Since the amount was reported as income and included in tax calculations, the net tax refund/due won't change, so no penalty for underpayment.  I'm having a hard time seeing a problem with this strategy. 

Did it affect the value of your return at all? That's what is holding me up. 

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

@Just1Starfish  You could probably do that.  The only drawback may be your state taxes (if your state does not tax certain types of retirement income).

Click this link for the IRS Form 8915-F if you want to review it beforehand. 

Right now, TurboTax has the form scheduled for 03/31/2022. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

what other online services have it ready to use? I don’t wAnt to wait another month!!

What platform did you use?? Share the details so that I can do the same. Tired of waiting on TT

Tax Slayer... Filed and already excepted by fed and state.

Uggg! I am a long time TT user, but this situation has delayed my return over 30 days. 😤

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies