Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 6252 for 2020

TT is reporting Form 6252 is not available and will not be available to file until 3/4/2021. But at the irs web site the form is clearly listed and can be downloaded (OMB form 1545-0228).  All I need is this form to file but can't.  

Can anyone explain the hold up? It is a well used form.

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
Remeister
Returning Member

Form 6252 for 2020

I, too need this form.  It is the only thing keeping me from being able to file.  Turbo Tax seems to indicate it is an IRS form issue.  I am thinking it is a Turbo Tax issue.  Clear answers would make feel better about using Turbo Tax!

Form 6252 for 2020

You are so right. It's available for download as a pdf at irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f5262.pdf.  All TT says is that is "coming soon." What's the big deal?

Jtax4

Form 6252 for 2020

When will form be available and why not now

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

Form 6252 for 2020

Form 6252, Installment Sale Income, will not be ready to use inside of the TurboTax software until 3/4/2021. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information, IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individu...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 6252 for 2020

I don’t get it. I have almost $9k coming back and can not file because you say 6252 not ready. And then you refer us to your FAQ  page as the reason?  That’s like saying the door is open because the door is open. Level with us please. 
Perhaps it’s time to look for a new provider. 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Form 6252 for 2020

Once a form is approved by the IRS, we must then incorporate the form into the software.  This takes a little time.  So, for this particular form, you will need to wait until 03/04/2021, which is the date it will be available within the TurboTax software.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
KHEDDIN

Form 6252 for 2020

Perhaps TT can pay us interest since it's TT that is the hold up. I too have a 10K refund waiting.

Form 6252 for 2020

If I don't file 2020 before the stimulus checks are sent, I will miss out on the amount I'm due.  My income for 2019 was over the allowed limit and 2020 will not be.  Big difference.  Please send 6252 to forms soon.   

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Form 6252 for 2020

No, you will not miss out on the amount you are due. The Recovery Rebate Credit allows for you to collect any missing stimulus amounts. Yes, Form 6252 for Installment Sales will be available soon. For the most recent update, check at: IRS forms availability table for TurboTax

To receive stimulus checks that have not been received when filing your 2020 tax return, follow these steps:

1. Go to the search box and enter stimulus. Click the Jump to link.
  2. Answer Yes.
  3. At the next screen, Let's double-check the amount you received, answer No to edit the first-round and second-round amounts.
  4. If no stimulus amount was received, enter 0. An amount should be entered in each box. When finished, click Continue.

For more information including eligibility, see: How do I claim the Recovery Rebate Credit?

Form 6252 for 2020

Please explain why approval of Form 6252 "takes a little time."  The form has been in use for years; there is NO change in the form. Every year for the last 8 years that I have used TT it's part of the original download of forms, even when I purchased the CD. TT explanations are just insincere and frankly beg us to go somewhere else.  Like so many others, I am waiting for a refund, but can't file while we wait for this form to appear.

Form 6252 for 2020

Where is the "thumbs down" icon??

Form 6252 for 2020

6252 not feeding to 4797 so something appears to be wrong with it still!!

Form 6252 for 2020

There is a difference between a PDF Form and an "electronic" form in that the electronic one which is used for e-filing is specially coded. The ones on the IRS site are not coded as such. Yes, they are available for download but these are for mailing in and not for e-filing. 

Form 6252 for 2020

I am using the electronic one contained within Turbo Tax. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies