Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jaudet71

Form 5695 still not right on Turbotax this year either.

As ebove78 pointed out last year...  Your software only asks for geothermal heat pumps which aren't limited to 30%.  There is no place to enter an electric heat pump that gives you a 30% credit up to $2000.

An expert told him to put it under "energy efficient building products".  That is wrong as that only has heat pump water heaters and the limit is 10% up to $300.

This is his reply:

Thanks Kris, that option is not allowing me to claim 30% of the cost including labor as it has built in limitations.

I should be able to claim 30% provided I meet the requirements (which I do).

"Heat pumps and biomass stoves and biomass boilers (30% of costs, including labor) satisfying the energy efficiency requirements in Q1 under the Energy Efficiency Requirements section: o electric or natural gas heat pump water heaters; o electric or natural gas heat pumps; and o biomass stoves and biomass boilers."

Based on this I feel I should be able to claim my electric heat pump even if not geothermal, but the forms doesn't seem to agree.

‎April 12, 2023 2:02 PM

I am still having that same problem this year.  I qualify for 30% up to $2000 and will not use Turbotax to file my return if this is the case.  I downloaded form 5695 and instructions and it works fine on paper.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Form 5695 still not right on Turbotax this year either.

The Form 5695 Residential Energy Credits for tax year 2023 has not yet been finalized in TurboTax.

The Form 5695 is scheduled to be available in TurboTax on 02/07/2024 (subject to change).

Go to his TurboTax website for forms availability - https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies