turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

USAOzi
Returning Member

Form 4868 error

I am required to file a Form 4868 but I am unable to complete the Form as it is faulty.  The instructions say to tick box B to get the amount on Form 48868 to flow correctly to Form 1040 but there is NO BOX B to tick, only a Box A (which freezes amounts to Form 4868 only.  On the Form, it states to see instructions but there no links to any instructions and there appears to be no instructions within TurboTax to helo me.  Anyone have any clues/help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Form 4868 error

by the way if you are trying to file 4868 for 2018 forget it. it's too late.  if you were in country on 4/15 that was the due date if out of country it was due by june 17th.     

USAOzi
Returning Member

Form 4868 error

Correct IF one is a CALENDAR year filer. I am a FISCAL year filer so all dates are pushed forward by equivalent periods from July 1 each year.
USAOzi
Returning Member

Form 4868 error

STILL trying to get ANYONE with knowledge to address the crux of my enquiry - where is the missing (mysterious) Box B on the Form 4848?

Form 4868 error

@USAOzi wrote:
STILL trying to get ANYONE with knowledge to address the crux of my enquiry - where is the missing (mysterious) Box B on the Form 4848?

There is no Box B on the 4868 in Forms Mode.  That's a known typo and is explained in one of your threads.   That was answered and explained for you a few hours ago at your original thread at the link below.   The problem is that you have started too many threads on the same issue.     Multiple threads makes for confusion and redundancy.    As such, you'll need to follow all of them, or you might miss something.    It sounds like you haven't checked your original thread lately.

But @dmertz  left you a long answer on that issue a few hours ago at this link:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-form-4868-inaccurate/01/822756#M324324

If you need additional help with it, please ask in that thread.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies