Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 3468

I am trying to fill out form 3468 for Solar Energy Credit. It accepts the positive latitude for the property. However it will not accept the negative longitude number. I get errors messages regardless of it being positive or negative. I get an error message if I leave it blank. It keeps telling me that the number is not within the parameters. Can anyone help?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Form 3468

@taxes53   That was driving me nuts today, that it wouldn't allow setting the number and the negative or positive field as needed.

Then I was messing with it late this afternoon.

If the non-decimal field portion of the longitude (the number before the decimal point) is less than 100, you still must enter three digits.  

Thus  78, must be entered as 078.   Then it was OK with setting the separate + or - field appropriately. 

(Later Edit:  or perhaps longitude of 7 would be entered as 007. Or if located near Greenwich England, 000 [not that a facility there would be eligible])

SHEESH !

Later edit:   Similar issue with Latitude, though it's only 2 digits with max of 90.  If latitude is less than 10, then must be entered with leading zero.   Thus, a + or - 7 must be entered as + or - 07 

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Form 3468

Thanks so much!  I came straight down and tried your suggestions. It worked! It was driving me crazy. I think that the help pages need a bit of an improvement 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies