Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

form 3115

I have done about 80% of my return online using "Premier".  I discovered that I need to use Form 3115 due to an error in depreciation years by my CPA in previous years.  Do any of the online Turbotax programs allow for form 3115 or do I need to buy the download/CD business version. If I need to use the download version is there a way to transfer what I have entered so far?

thanks

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

form 3115

You will have to purchase a desktop version of TurboTax for Form 3115 and, basically, start over with that version.

However, even with the desktop versions, Form 3115 generally needs to be prepared in Forms Mode (there is virtually no guidance in terms of making entries). As a result, you might be better advised to seek guidance from a tax professional to prepare this form.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

form 3115

You will have to purchase a desktop version of TurboTax for Form 3115 and, basically, start over with that version.

However, even with the desktop versions, Form 3115 generally needs to be prepared in Forms Mode (there is virtually no guidance in terms of making entries). As a result, you might be better advised to seek guidance from a tax professional to prepare this form.

form 3115

thank you. can I efile form 3115 with the desktop version?

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

form 3115

Yes, type   3115   into the search

Use Form 3115 to request a change in accounting methods. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies