turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 2210, Line D, Incorrect Q2 dates

I am using TurboTax Deluxe desktop for Mac.  When submitting my information for Form 2210 (Underpayment of Estimated Tax), I am entering the actual withholding I paid through the year.  However, for Q2 withholding, the program is asking me to calculate the withholding as amounts I paid from 4/16/23 - 7/15/23.  For Q3 withholding, the program asks for amounts paid from 7/16/23 - 9/15/23.  

The ACTUAL dates on the IRS Form 2210 are 4/16/23 - 6/15/23 and 6/16/23 - 9/15/23 for Q2 and Q3, respectively.   It seems that this is an error in the program.  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Ouch!   That's a typo for the step-by-step  in my Windows Premier desktop version too.

I have no idea how long it's been showing that way, since I haven't used that section in ages.

For yourself, use the correct dates.   If you switch to Forms Mode, at that point in the interview, it goes to the actual form 2210AI.....Part II Line D -Tax Withhheld Smart Worksheet .....and that shows the $$ are going into boxes with the correct dates.

SO the step-by-step Interview itself is wrong...but the actual form used is right.

@tagteam @Mike9241 

Maybe report this thru the moderators......won't get changed soon, but needs correction  (at least as far as I can see).  Not sure how far back the date error it goes.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Ouch!   That's a typo for the step-by-step  in my Windows Premier desktop version too.

I have no idea how long it's been showing that way, since I haven't used that section in ages.

For yourself, use the correct dates.   If you switch to Forms Mode, at that point in the interview, it goes to the actual form 2210AI.....Part II Line D -Tax Withhheld Smart Worksheet .....and that shows the $$ are going into boxes with the correct dates.

SO the step-by-step Interview itself is wrong...but the actual form used is right.

@tagteam @Mike9241 

Maybe report this thru the moderators......won't get changed soon, but needs correction  (at least as far as I can see).  Not sure how far back the date error it goes.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

@tagteam 

I see the same error in the step-by-step interview dates for my Windows Desktop Premier 2022 software too.

So it's been there for a while.   Time for the software QC teams to check the 2021 and earlier software too. 

I'm not going to check further myself.  Who knows whether the current "Online" interview does the same thing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies