Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

vxh
Level 1

Form 1120s Shows as available and ready online but is not ready to file when in the program. Does anyone know when it will be available to e-file/paper file?

So that thing about we'll email you when your forms are ready (and tell you their ready when they aren't ready) doesn't actually work? 

Form 1120s Shows as available and ready online but is not ready to file when in the program. Does anyone know when it will be available to e-file/paper file?

You can wait for an email or check the chart yourself or both. 

vxh
Level 1

Per my comment, I actually got the email that the forms are ready today. Twice! But they're NOT ready. I will just look at the table since the emails apparently are incorrect.

Your tax forms are ready.

The wait is over! The tax forms we needed to finish up your taxes are ready.
winn22

It must be a glitch in the system---I signed up today for them to email me when the forms were ready, and same thing---got an email a little bit later saying they were ready. Went back into TurboTax (desktop: Premiere) and they were not there. I checked out the link the other user posted in the thread

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/taxation/irs-forms-availabi[product key ...

And it looks like it expects 1120s will be ready Feb 10, 2023.

MichaelG81
Expert Alumni

Yes, depending on which 1120s you need to fill out and print/e-file. Check this link for individual federal form availability (1120S), and this link for business forms (1120s).

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax Business including the 1120s

Individual Federal 1120S Tax Year 2022

@winn22 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Funny thing with those email alerts ... if you are waiting on 5 items to be ready and one becomes ready a general email saying all is ready is sent out when everything is not ready.  

MostGrateful
Returning Member

Even though the table in the link shows all the followwing forms are available to print or file, they still show up as "Available soon" in 2022 TurboTax Business and I am unbale to file, even after updating the software.

Form 1120S, U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation (p1-2)

Form 1120S, U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation (p3-4)

Form 1120S Schedule K-1, Shareholder's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc.

Any suggestions?

vxh
Level 1

Yes, that's exactly what I said above. Someone responded with a link listing availability of the forms. Initially, this showed Jan 17 (which was in the future, when I originally posted the question), but now it shows Jan 20. 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

The first two forms you posted are available, which is why you received two emails.  The last form, 1120S Sch K-3, Shareholder's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, will be available 1/27/2023.

Reference: IRS forms availability table for TurboTax Business - Intuit

@vxh

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
vxh
Level 1

Actually all of the forms were available on the 20th as the link said they were. I filed successfully on Friday. NONE of the forms were available when I got the emails saying they were available. In short, the dates at the link is correct; the emails clearly are based on different incorrect dates, and are worthless.

@vxh wrote:

Actually all of the forms were available on the 20th as the link said they were. I filed successfully on Friday.

What did you "file successfully on Friday"? In my copy of TurboTax Business, Form 1120-S still has DO NOT FILE imprinted in red lettering.

vxh
Level 1

I am using a downloaded version of Turbo Tax for Business. I e-filed on Friday. The status is "accepted". Updates were automatically applied when I opened TT on Friday, but you can try on the menu going to the Online/Check for Updates.

@vxh wrote:

I am using a downloaded version of Turbo Tax for Business. I e-filed on Friday. The status is "accepted". Updates were automatically applied when I opened TT on Friday, but you can try on the menu going to the Online/Check for Updates.

I don't know what you filed on Friday, but it wasn't an 1120-S (or any other type of return in TurboTax Business).

My copy of TurboTax Business is fully updated and none of the returns are available for e-file - none.

If you actually filed electronically on Friday and it was accepted, you must have used TurboTax Home & Business. We're discussing TurboTax Business in this thread.

Untitled.png

vxh
Level 1

Nope. I was getting that message until Friday. If you scroll back thru the thread you'll see I pasted the same image.  I am using turbotax business. I updated it on Friday. I have an S-corp. The 1/23 date is I just tried to update again today (there were no new updates) and it made me save first. 

Screenshot 2023-01-23 132126.jpg

vxh
Level 1

I see now you said K-3 will be available 1/27. I was waiting for K-1 which has been available since the Friday Jan 20th.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies