Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cptt21
Returning Member

Form 1116 on Mac Desktop Premier not working

I have gotten several responses to a problem filing form 1116. ALL of them have been wrong. I still can NOT file my taxes (other than this my taxes were done in mid February) because form 1116 will not allow me to take the credit. I want to file form 1116 and get the credit.

Can someone from TurboTax please provide me CURRENT instructions on how to do this. Before sending, please go through the steps with the MAC desktop Premier version so I know they will work.

Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This form will now be available for e-filing. The Forms Availability list shows it available on 3/11.

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products
State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cptt21
Returning Member

First form 1116 was ready 2/25, then 3/3 now 3/11/22. Why is the date a moving target?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

It may take longer for one form or another to show up in TurboTax for multiple reasons. Our goal is to provide you with the most accurate information possible. As part of this process, we communicate often with the taxing agencies.

If the form becomes available sooner than currently published on that Help Article, the article will be updated to provide the new availability date.

gcobley

Now the carryover form for 1116 is preventing file transmission - but only for Mac it seems.

Support claim it will be 3/31 before that is ready.

This is the last year for TurboTax for me. What do other people use? HR Block?

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Our TurboTax Development Team has been working non-stop to support e-file for IRS Form 1116 Sch B (Foreign Tax Carryover Reconciliation Schedule). We’re happy to share that the functionality is currently available in our Online Product. Desktop functionality should be ready by tomorrow Saturday 3/12/22. Look out for a new engine update and you should be able to e-file @gcobley.

cptt21
Returning Member

Form 1116 is NOT available today 3/13/22 on Tt Mac Premier desktop version. I was told today by Joseph a supervisor that it would be available on 3/21/22. However, There are several posts that claim that it will be ready on 3/31/22?

WHAT IS THE DATE? You missed your commitment at least 4 times!!!

How do I escalate this? 

TT does not know the meaning of accountability!!     

I have the same problem.  The current IRS form availability report (03/12/2022) shows that Form 1116 for the MAC Premier desktop version is available.  I loaded new Turbotax updates on 03/10 and 03/11 and checked every day since BUT Turbotax still shows that is not there.  Is there any tricks that you must perform in order forTurboTax to recognize the new form???

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Our TurboTax Development Team has been working non-stop to support e-file for IRS Form 1116 Sch B. We’re happy to share that the functionality is currently available in our Online Product. Desktop functionality should be ready by Saturday 3/18/22. Look out for a new engine update and you should be able to efile!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies