Solved: Form 1099 INT

Form 1099 INT

I received and entered a 1099-INT from my bank with saving bond interest in box 3 and no other entry.  Turbo tax has entered this value correctly in Box 3 plus a $0 entry in box 1 and flagged it as an error.  This can not be cleared in forms or anything and now I can not e-file.  It tells me to enter the $0 interest elsewhere with a different payer but otherwise will not let me get rid of it.  What do I do?

Form 1099 INT

Are you able to delete the 1099-Int and re-enter?  If you cannot, have you tried leaving TurboTax and going back in to delete the 1099-Int?

Are you able to delete Schedule B and re-enter?

Form 1099 INT

You can try entering $1 in Box 1 of your 1099-INT in order to bypass the e-file rejection. You will pay tax on an extra dollar of income, but it will be cheaper than the postage to mail your return. 

Form 1099 INT

Good thought but it will not work since TT is complaining that I cannot mix SB interest and regular interest on the same

1099 and to remove the $0 and enter it on another 1099, except this still leaves the original $0 there as an error.

Form 1099 INT

Form 1099 INT

Deleting the 1099-INT and then re-entering it after restarting TT and installing the latest update corrected the problem and let me e-file.  Problem fixed.