Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 1099-G From Unemployment

So I went on unemployment for about 3 weeks during the High of the Covid breakout in around March 2020.

I live in the state of Maryland. 

When should I receive my 1099-G form in the mail?

My company does pay for unemployment insurance, not sure if that plays a factor, and I only collected unemployment for a very brief amount of time (3 weeks). 

I have tried to call my local unemployment office for 2 weeks and you never get anyone on the phone, Mon-Fri.

I have also emailed multiple contacts with no response now for almost 2 weeks.

My taxes are ready to be filed I'm only waiting on that 1099-G form and I'm just trying to figure out whether I will be receiving one for certain or not. 

Not getting anyone on the phone concerns me in the case I don't get one I don't want to sit around for another month and come to find out I'm not getting one, at least by mail.

Maryland has an online portal you can log into but I can not get into it. Attempted multiple times, creating the account and all that but I get errors. They changed the Webcert to some beacon Portal and I emailed support as well 2 weeks ago on the login issues for my account with again no response.

So I'm dead in the water there as well.

Apparently you can receive your 1099-G electronically on the Beacon Portal, but again I can not gain access to it myself for some reason.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Especially if some whom sees this had an issue with the Beacon Portal login and fixed it. I know its almost the end of January now, but I have already received all my mortgage tax information as well as other documents and just waiting on this one, wondering if it will come and if so when, Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Form 1099-G From Unemployment

If you don't get the 1099G in the mail and you can't log in to get it I don't know what you should do.  But you have plenty of time.  Do not be in a hurry to file.  The IRS won't open filing until Feb 12 this year.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies