Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yarndiva8761
Returning Member

Form 1095A

Am I required to complete Form 1095A? In Dec. 2021, I was enrolled in a retiree group health plan offered thru OPERS which ended 12/31/2021.   From Jan. 2022 thru June 2022, I was enrolled in a high deductible pre-Medicare health plan thru Via Benefits and received an HRA amount, not a tax credit.   I'm on Medicare now.   I'm trying to continue with my taxes, but TurboTax won't allow me to continue because the form is blank.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Form 1095A

If you do not have a Form 1095-A or a Form 8962 in your return and a rejection now says that it is missing, the Marketplace may have told the IRS that you applied for coverage that you did not ultimately take, or that someone on your tax return did.  Please call the Marketplace and be sure they do not have a Form 1095-A on record for anyone on your return, searching by names and social security numbers. Sometimes people put the wrong number on their own application.  

Healthcare.gov

1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325). Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except holidays)

To remove any partial forms form in the return, you can use Delete Forms

1. In the left menu, select Tax Tools
  2. Select Tools
  3. Select Delete a form
  4. Scroll to the Form 1095-A or 8962  and click Delete on the right
  5. Then scroll to the bottom and select Continue with my return

If you've confirmed that no one on your return had insurance through the Marketplace for tax year 2022, but the IRS mistakenly thinks they did, it’s OK to create a Form 1095-A with minimal information in it to satisfy the IRS for e-file purposes. If you use this method, and it contradicts what the Marketplace has on record, then you may receive a CP2000 Notice from the IRS. 

To create a workaround for the e-file:

1. Select Deductions & Credits from the left menu
  2. Scroll down to Medical and Select Show More 
  3. Select Start or Revisit for Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A) 
  4. As you walk through the questions, you'll be asked if you received a Form 1095-A. Even though you did not receive this form, select Yes 
  5. Enter 0's for the Marketplace identifier and policy number, and $1 for the January amounts 
  6. Continue through to the end of the questionnaire 
  7. Select File from the left menu and continue through the process to refile your return
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

Traxtax1

Form 1095A

Form 1095A is ONLY for people insured under the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). Participation in any other private or public health care plan will not need this form completed. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Form 1095A

If you do not have a Form 1095-A or a Form 8962 in your return and a rejection now says that it is missing, the Marketplace may have told the IRS that you applied for coverage that you did not ultimately take, or that someone on your tax return did.  Please call the Marketplace and be sure they do not have a Form 1095-A on record for anyone on your return, searching by names and social security numbers. Sometimes people put the wrong number on their own application.  

Healthcare.gov

1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325). Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except holidays)

To remove any partial forms form in the return, you can use Delete Forms

1. In the left menu, select Tax Tools
  2. Select Tools
  3. Select Delete a form
  4. Scroll to the Form 1095-A or 8962  and click Delete on the right
  5. Then scroll to the bottom and select Continue with my return

If you've confirmed that no one on your return had insurance through the Marketplace for tax year 2022, but the IRS mistakenly thinks they did, it’s OK to create a Form 1095-A with minimal information in it to satisfy the IRS for e-file purposes. If you use this method, and it contradicts what the Marketplace has on record, then you may receive a CP2000 Notice from the IRS. 

To create a workaround for the e-file:

1. Select Deductions & Credits from the left menu
  2. Scroll down to Medical and Select Show More 
  3. Select Start or Revisit for Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A) 
  4. As you walk through the questions, you'll be asked if you received a Form 1095-A. Even though you did not receive this form, select Yes 
  5. Enter 0's for the Marketplace identifier and policy number, and $1 for the January amounts 
  6. Continue through to the end of the questionnaire 
  7. Select File from the left menu and continue through the process to refile your return
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
yarndiva8761
Returning Member

Form 1095A

I did receive one in the mail but is this still required since I receive an HRA, and not a tax credit?

Traxtax1

Form 1095A

Form 1095A is ONLY for people insured under the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). Participation in any other private or public health care plan will not need this form completed. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies