PGH

Foreign tax credit issues

With so much issues with foreign tax credit 2021 tax problems last year .

I am having second thoughts of continuing of buying 2022 turbotax ,

-support was clueless 

-no resolution 

-forum found workaround but turbo still showed as unable to file

so this year i have a return that was file (copy of pdf)  but turbotax 2021  said i cannot submit (foreign tax credit) so i am not sure what to do 

anyway , will turbo tax foreign tax credit  issues still persist and what about 2021 application that should we cannot submit 

Mike9241

Foreign tax credit issues

2021 can not be efiled.  Since this thread does not contain what issues you encountered could you post an explanation and error messages if any?

PGH

Foreign tax credit issues

I had issues with last year 2020 turbo tax return ( foreign tax credit , schedule 116)

ended up with a workaround which allowed me to Efiled and received  my refund back and also a pdf for my record .

however when I go back to turbo tax 2020, it said that my return has not been filed . 

i am in the process of buying the 2021 tt deluxe version .

I would like to get the tax file 2020 imported to 2021 but as I said it said I have no efile. Will my import be successful . I know I can use the pdf file but I understand it is limited import . Is there a way turbo tax can be updated to state I have Efiled and give me a correct tax file that I can import to 2021