Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

alexan

For my Sole Proprietor LLC taxed as an S-Corp do I enter my "W-2 wages" from my 199A in as W-2 Income? I read you can't file a W-2 if it's a Sole Proprietor LLC?

I'm a little confused about how to enter my 199A W-2 Wages from my K-1.. I've already filed my business tax return for my Sole Proprietor LLC taxed as an S-Corp and am now filing my personal taxes but I was wondering if my "Compensation of officers" from my 1120-S aka "W-2 wages" from my 199A Statement A Summary is included already when I input my K-1 information or if I need to add that amount as W-2 wages for myself (it doesn't seem right since I don't think you can file a W-2 for yourself if it's a Sole Proprietor LLC)..
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

For my Sole Proprietor LLC taxed as an S-Corp do I enter my "W-2 wages" from my 199A in as W-2 Income? I read you can't file a W-2 if it's a Sole Proprietor LLC?

Not sure where your confusion is ... if you properly got a W-2 and a K-1 from the corporation then that is all you will need to enter on the personal return.  The 199A info would have passed thru to you on the K-1 form.  

dmertz
Level 15

First, you are not a sole proprietor.   You have a single-member LLC that you have elected to be treated as an S-corp, making you an employee of the S-corp.  Schedule C (Form 1040) is not involved.

Both the W-2 and the Schedule K-1 must be entered in their entirety.  What is reported regarding section 199A has nothing to do with reporting your taxable wages on Form 1040 line 1a.  Your taxable wages are entered via the W-2.

@alexan the 199A information is specific for the QBI/199A deduction. that info is entered on line 17 of your k-1 and later Turbotax will ask additional information to compute the 199A/QBI deduction - form 8995

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies