nicoleb9986

For eight months in 2020 I worked for TGI Fridays, my W2 is definitely incorrect because child support was directly taken out of my paycheck and the box for dependent care benefits on my w2 is blank a

And I know I made more money than it states. Also there's no way I made an even 3700.00
Kat

@nicoleb9986 If you have received an incorrect W-2, you'll need to contact that employer (their HR or payroll department?) to request a corrected W-2.  Don't file your tax return until you've received your corrected document.

When you speak to them (or go to see them), have your final pay stub so you can support your argument.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
SteamTrain

Not that I'm say it's correct...but could the 3700 be the exact amount of dependent care benefits? 

Or, perhaps that particular W-2, Could also be just the amount of Dep Care Bens that was over $5,000 (i.e.$8700 total)....and you might be getting a separate W-2 showing rest of your wages and benefits reported on a second W-2 form...and you just haven't received it in the mail yet..

__________________

I certainly have no idea if reporting on two separate W-2's is correct or not......but wondering about it.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
nicoleb9986

But the dependant care box is blank... I doubt that the information about child support deductions would come on a w-2. And I know I grossed well over 3700, more like 17,000. This sux

nicoleb9986

every extension i try and every option I try I get a weird type of busy signal or disconnected. I just texted my old boss, hopefully he will get back to me. Someone told me to call DOL. I will give .y old boss the weekend to respond and I guess I'll have to give them a call.

nicoleb9986

UPDATE- I spoke to my old boss and im to be expecting another w-2, the 1st one is the 3 months of the year before they switched over to corporate so ill be getting another one for the remaining 5 months very soon. Thanks everyone for your attempts at helping me. Blessed be! ☯️