turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sjf13811
Returning Member

For '21 & '22 I entered the AGI from efile joint return. Both were rejected. In '22 I verified AGI with the IRS. If AGI was $401 what is entered for both of us?

As stated for the 2021 and 2022 returns, the IRS rejected both saying the AGI was incorrect.  In both cases it was what was given on my TurboTax returns.  For the 2022 return I had some extra time, so I obtained my IRS tax transcript.  It showed the AGI that the 2022 TurboTax return showed.  I'm assuming I will probably run into the same issue this year.  So, what I am wanting to know is for a joint return for the AGI for each of us, do I enter the AGI as shown on the return for 2022 or 1/2 of the AGI with 1/2 listed for me and 1/2 listed for my wife?  If it is the later, how do I handle a fraction of a dollar, round up for me as I am listed first on the return, enter the decimal, or something else?  I hope it goes through, but just in case it doesn't I want to get a jump on things so that I can meet the deadline if I have to resubmit.  Thanks.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

For '21 & '22 I entered the AGI from efile joint return. Both were rejected. In '22 I verified AGI with the IRS. If AGI was $401 what is entered for both of us?

No you enter the same whole AGI for each of you.    When did you file 2022?  If 2023 rejects then try entering 0 for the AGI if you filed 2022 late or mailed it.  The IRS might not have 2022 AGI in the right database to look it up.  

sjf13811
Returning Member

VolvoGirl, thanks for the fast response.  After having the issue with my 2021 return, I actually looked at my IRS transcript and it showed the AGI that matched my 2022 return in TurboTax which is what I entered for both my wife and myself for the 2022 return.  I tried efiling the 2022 using this information and if was rejected.  I'm hoping the third time, for 2023 return, is the charm, but I thought I would get ahead of things so if it is rejected I might have an idea of what things are causing problems.  If I knew I would get a response in less than 10 minutes I would have waited until I knew whether it was rejected.  Thanks again.    

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies