Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

For 2023 Federal Tax Return on Turbo - where to enter a withdrawal amount I made from Fidelity investment?

This may be same as how to enter a CD earned interest but not sure.

I have 1099-R with amount I withdrew from Fidelity stocks. (It is not interest earned, or new or gained money. Pretty much what I deposited to stock fund.  Also, the Fed Income Tax was withheld when sending to me.)   '

But where to enter the amount in the Tax Return?   Under section for "Interest Income from bank or brokerage" ?

Or is there another section for this?

Also, I assume I enter the full amount in Box 1 of 1099 even that Tax Withheld is in Box 4. Correct?

Thanks.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

For 2023 Federal Tax Return on Turbo - where to enter a withdrawal amount I made from Fidelity investment?

I realize this is an IRA brokerage account.   I have not started taking IRA distributions yet.  I believe I  have until next year when I'm 72 yrs.  to start these mandated minimal distributions.    Did I just begin this by accident?

What does this mean or what I should know now? 

(I also think I found the section of the Tax Return where to enter 1099-R info)

Thanks again.

@massachusetts1 

Sounds like you found the place to enter it in the 1099-R section.

Taking $$ before the RMD age is only a mistake if you are under age 59.5  (due to an extra 10% penalty).  Any time after that....up until your RMD age...it's up to you as to whether you want or need any $$.

Also, the RMD age for you is likely the year you reach age 73...it was bumped up again.

From the IRS instructions printed a couple years ago:

"Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) are minimum amounts that IRA and retirement plan account owners generally must withdraw annually starting with the year they reach age 72 (73 if you reach age 72 after Dec. 31, 2022)."

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies