ttmcskinnerk

For 1099s TT asks if income is for "me" or "both of us" (wife and I). Our accounts are all joint but some1099s are only in my name. Do I put for me or both of us?

Lloydian

It only cares to the extent that it can analyze which filing status works better. If the income was for just you, select "me". If it was income derived from a joint effort, select "both of us." Ultimately, assuming you file as "Married, Filing Jointly," it won't matter since your incomes will be combined anyhow.

DawnC

The bank will sometimes only list the first name on a joint account on the 1099.  If the income is for a joint account, you can choose 'both of us'.   It will only matter if you decide to file separately as opposed to jointly.