turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Beckey1

TurboTax wants to attach Form 8990 because it thinks my LLC owns a pass-through entity with excessive interest expense.

I'm trying to e-file an 1065 return for my LLC. TurboTax says:

"Attachment Needed - Form 8990

Since you indicated the business owns a pass-through entity with excessive interest expense, you must attach Form 8990 when you e-file your tax return."

The problem is the LLC doesn't own a pass-through entity and I can't find where to correct this. Where is this question asked?

Thanks!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

TurboTax wants to attach Form 8990 because it thinks my LLC owns a pass-through entity with excessive interest expense.

Enter Forms Mode and, in Schedule B of your 1065, ensure that the "Yes" box to the right of Question 24 is checked.

Fixed it. I switched to the step by step . Started from the very beginning, When you get to the page with like 20 yes or no questions, there is a question about a pass through entity . It is probably marked yes. Mark it no, click next and it will ask you to fill out a 8990 form. Now press back, change the answer back to yes, and continue. I went through all the pages again to check for anything else but I didnt make anymore changes. When I got back to the end , it no longer requested the form.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies