snorkeleddy

fix SSN for california return

Entered the wrong SSN for California tax return. Want to correct it and fixed it in personal info section.  The new SSN is reflected in federal return.  But the new SSN won't propagate to california return.  When I generate the pdf file.  The SSN on calfornia return is still wrong.   How can I fix it?

Irene2805

fix SSN for california return

After changing your SSN on the federal return, be sure to open your CA return so that the information flows through.  Then try printing your return or saving it to PDF.

snorkeleddy

fix SSN for california return

I did not that.  It does not fix the SSN on california return.  Can you suggest other ways?

fix SSN for california return

If you change federal you should start the state over to update state.  To start state over you can first delete state then add it again.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-delete-my-state-return-in-turbotax-on...