jaymicia

First time reporting my SSA Disability income, what is the proper way to report the income that my minor children are receiving from SSA benefits?

my children are minors and they receive SSA Benefits because I started receiving SSA benefits

You do NOT enter your dependent's SS benefits on your tax return.  IF the dependents have no other income they do not report the benefits received on a tax return.

Enter ssa-1099 in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to ssa-1099

Bsch4477

The payments to your children are theirs and since (presumably) they don’t have a filing requirement that income doesn’t have to be reported.