audrey76105

First time filling need a I’d number

CarissaM

First time filling need a I’d number

Most taxpayers don't need an an IP PIN — the IRS only issues them in select cases.

If you know you need an IP PIN to file your taxes and you lost your CP01A letter (or never received it), you can:

• Retrieve your IP PIN online at the IRS's Get an IP PIN site; or
  • Call the IRS at 1-800-908-4490 to have your IP PIN mailed to you (this can take up to 21 days)

We're unable to issue IP PINs and you won't find them on your tax paperwork. You can only get IP PINs from the IRS.

mesquitebean

First time filling need a I’d number

You wrote:  "First time filling need a I’d number"

If you're not referring to the less-common 6-digit IP PIN that the IRS provides for victims of ID theft as discussed above, please define what you mean by "ID number."   We're not sure what you mean.

Are you by any chance referring to the 5-digit PIN or 2018 AGI that people use to verify their return during efiling?   If so, then since you didn't file a 2018 return, you won't have any PIN or AGI to enter.    If you tell TurboTax (when it asks) that you didn't file a return in 2018, it should enter an AGI of 0 for you in the background.