turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Finding out if I paid 'estimated taxes' in 2023

My hard drive got wiped out in 2023 after I filed electronically, so I lost my personal TurboTax file. I don't even know if I paid estimated taxes in 2023. I stopped sending checks in the mail to the IRS and began filing electronically last year.

In December of 2023 I ordered a transcript from the IRS for the December 2022 tax period. On this transcript, it lists an estimated tax payment amount. Would this number be the estimated amount that I paid in April of 2022 or April of 2023?  If it's the April 2022 amount, then can the IRS give me some other report that tells how much if any I paid in April of 2023? I need to enter my April 2023 estimated payment amount for my April 2024 filing.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Finding out if I paid 'estimated taxes' in 2023

If you do not have bank or credit card records showing payments you made during 2023 -- which you should have--- then check your online account with the IRS to see what that shows.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies