Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

final K-1

I already entered my final schedule K-1 to turbo tax. The capital gain is one-time distribution (ending capital is 0).  I checked the box for this partnership (not PTP) ended during 2022.  But on my tax return 1040, the final K-1 box is not checked, and partnership ended in 2022 is not checked either. How do I make the box for final K-1 checked?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

final K-1

You need to go back through your Schedule K-1 entry and mark that the partnership ended in 2022 on the Describe the Partnership screen.

You can get to the section to enter a Partnership K-1 in TurboTax Online by following these steps:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax
  2. Open or continue  your return
    • Choose a section from the TurboTax menu and select Pick up where you left off
  3. Using the search bar, type K-1 and select the Jump to link from the search results
    • Note: If the Jump to link doesn’t work, select the Federal tab, then under S-corps, Partnerships, and Trusts, select Wages & Income
    • Select Revisit or Start next to Schedule K-1
  4. Answer Yes to Do you want to review Schedules K-1 or Q? and follow the prompts
  5. This will take you to the Schedules K-1 or Q screen
  6. Continue to the Describe the Partnership screen and mark This partnership ended in 2022
  7. Verify/enter the rest of your data from the form

To enter in TurboTax CD/Download:

3. Using the search bar, type K-1 and select the Jump to link in the search results
  4. This will take you to the Schedule K-1 and Schedule Q screen
    • Note: If the Jump to link doesn’t work, select Personal, then Personal Income
  5. Select I’ll choose what I work on and continue until you reach the screen, Your 2022 Income Summary
  6. Select Start next to Schedule K-1 under Business Investment and Estate/Trust Income
  7. Answer Yes and follow the prompts
  8. Continue to the Describe the Partnership screen and mark This partnership ended in 2022
  9. Verify/enter the rest of your data from the form

@KXBG4746 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies

final K-1

Federal schedule E has no box to indicate final k-1so I don't know where you are looking to see such a box

final K-1

So appreciate for your reply. It is not on federal schedule E. It is on the form call partner's share of income, credits, Deductions, etc. which for my records. Under FINAL K-1 AND AMENDED K-1 CHECKBOXES, the final K-1 box is not checked.

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

final K-1

You need to go back through your Schedule K-1 entry and mark that the partnership ended in 2022 on the Describe the Partnership screen.

You can get to the section to enter a Partnership K-1 in TurboTax Online by following these steps:

• Choose a section from the TurboTax menu and select Pick up where you left off
  3. Using the search bar, type K-1 and select the Jump to link from the search results
    • Note: If the Jump to link doesn’t work, select the Federal tab, then under S-corps, Partnerships, and Trusts, select Wages & Income
    • Select Revisit or Start next to Schedule K-1
  4. Answer Yes to Do you want to review Schedules K-1 or Q? and follow the prompts
  5. This will take you to the Schedules K-1 or Q screen
  6. Continue to the Describe the Partnership screen and mark This partnership ended in 2022
  7. Verify/enter the rest of your data from the form

To enter in TurboTax CD/Download:

3. Using the search bar, type K-1 and select the Jump to link in the search results
  4. This will take you to the Schedule K-1 and Schedule Q screen
    • Note: If the Jump to link doesn’t work, select Personal, then Personal Income
  5. Select I’ll choose what I work on and continue until you reach the screen, Your 2022 Income Summary
  6. Select Start next to Schedule K-1 under Business Investment and Estate/Trust Income
  7. Answer Yes and follow the prompts
  8. Continue to the Describe the Partnership screen and mark This partnership ended in 2022
  9. Verify/enter the rest of your data from the form

@KXBG4746 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

final K-1

Big help!  After reentering the K-1, I noticed I have to select "liquidation of the partnership interest" which led me to the final K-1, since it is one-time distribution and the partnership discontinued during 2022.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies