Filing taxes 2017

Filing taxes 2017

Its December 11, 2019 and I just finished doing my taxes on turbotax. I am suppose to  be getting $500 back. It says I cant do it electronically, but I could mail it. Is it too late to send it?

Filing taxes 2017

no; go ahead and mail it.    it's just that you can't e-file it. 

Filing taxes 2017

Did you prepare it using 2017 software?  You cannot use the current online program for any year except 2019.  If you prepared your 2017 return using 2017 software, then print it , sign it and mail it in.  If you are getting a refund you have up to three years to file it and receive your tax refund.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS and/or your state received the return.

Federal and state returns go to different addresses in separate envelopes.