Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Brian G
Returning Member

Filing my 2020 taxes

Because of COVID I passed my opportunity to electronically file my 2020 federal and state tax returns. Even though I am owed refunds from both it got pushed aside. Recently I found out that I can still mail it. So I loaded up my 2020 Turbo Tax software and printed the instructions that included the following addresses respectively:

Department of Treasury

Internal Revenue Service

Ogden, UT 84201-0002

and

Ohio Department of Taxation

P.O. Box 2679

Columbus, OH. 43270-2679

But when I looked at the addresses Turbo Tax provided for mailing the Federal and the State returns there was also a date to be mailed by of May 17th 2021. So my question is are the addresses still good for mailing a 2020 return in 2024?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I'm new here and having a hard time navigating

Thanks for any help

Brian G.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Filing my 2020 taxes

They still appear to be OK if both are refunds.

.....But check those zips  (I just Google searched for each website):

Federal:

Where to file addresses for taxpayers and tax professionals filing form 1040 | Internal Revenue Serv...

Ohio:

Mailing Addresses | Department of Taxation (ohio.gov)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Brian G
Returning Member

Filing my 2020 taxes

Thanks for the links. It matches with the addresses that Turbo Tax provided including the zip codes.

BTW I included the zips in my original text but was blocked by Intuit. Turbo Tax themselves doesn't seem to have any of there own experts here. I thank you for and all for any advice in this matter. Come Monday I may have verification as to the matter of proper addresses for overdue tax returns. If any conflicting information

comes about I will share it here with the group. 

Brian G

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies