Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Filing Form 8615 for non-US citizen parents.

I have to file Form 8615 because most of my income is unearned and I am under the age of 24. They asked me to fill out lines A and B. My parents are divorced and they do not live in the US and they are not US citizens. So who do I put as parent on lines A and B, when neither of them have a social security number? I decided to put [social security number removed] as I usually do, turbotax is not letting me.

1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

Filing Form 8615 for non-US citizen parents.

You would need to print our your tax forms and submit them by mail. 


Here is the link for instructions:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"