turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filing extended return on Sunday, how to date ACH? TTax instructions are conflicting.

I owe for my state return; I selected the ACH direct debit option. TTax instructions conflict:  if filing after April 15, 2024 MUST use TODAY'S DATE.  But also, for ACH debit, make sure the date you designate is not on a weekend or holiday.  (why?)  Today's date is Sunday and tomorrow's date is a Holiday, and I don't want to wait to file until Tues Oct 15th since acceptance takes a couple days. My state's tax payment portal is "temporarily unavailable" with no date indicated to come online, and the banks are closed tomorrow for the holiday. Credit card payment is not offered by my state, and the mail system is horribly backed up here with items locally taking up to 3 weeks.

So do I wait to file until Tuesday? Try putting today's date even though it's Sunday and see if it files OK?  or try filing today (Sunday) and try putting in Tuesday's date for the ACH Debit? EDIT: can't put a different debit date, it's automatically today's' date.  I went ahead and filed on Sunday with an ACH Sunday date.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Filing extended return on Sunday, how to date ACH? TTax instructions are conflicting.

I don’t know but how about picking to mail a check and then pay directly on the state’s website?  

I actually started to do that and my state's tax payment portal (that is also a TT option with a link) is unavailable today and tomorrow I just realized is a Federal Holiday/Columbus Day. The mail in our city is awful right now, long postal delays. Maybe do the payment Tuesday.  I wish TTax would modify their directions to clarify.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies