Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

satishCA

Filed extension using Easy extension and paid estimated taxes paid, now using turbo tax desktop to file, I don't see options how to pay/refund the difference

Hi,

I filed for extension using the easy extension, and paid estimated federal taxes. Now I am using the turbo tax desktop to e-file. Now I see the actual federal taxes I owe is lower than the estimated payment I made in April. I don't see an  option to enter my previously paid estimated taxes and get a refund back. Appreciate help - Thanks

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Filed extension using Easy extension and paid estimated taxes paid, now using turbo tax desktop to file, I don't see options how to pay/refund the difference

@satishCA since you are using Desktop, the easiest way is to go to Forms View.  Then click the "open forms" dropdown and type "tax payments"

click on the 'tax payments worksheet' and that form will open

look at line 9! Be sure it list the payment in the FEDERAL column. 

You can type estimates paid in the search box at the top of your return and click Find and it will give you a link to Jump To the screen where you enter Extension Payments.

To enter the amount you paid with an extension (including state extension) go to

Federal Taxes (or Personal for desktop H&B version)

Deductions and Credits

Then scroll way down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid

Other Income Taxes - Click the Start or Update button

Next page second section Payments with Extension

Either Visit All or Click Start or Update by the extension you paid

For 2023 Federal Extension payments should be on schedule 3 line 10. And go to 1040 line 31.

satishCA

Thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies